West End House is the largest youth development agency in the Allston-Brighton community providing high-impact programs that support youth as they achieve academic success, explore the arts, develop career readiness & leadership skills, and adopt healthy lifestyles. West End House serves young people throughout Allston-Brighton and across Boston’s neighborhoods, including Roxbury, Dorchester, Mattapan, Hyde Park, Fenway, Roslindale, South Boston and East Boston. We are bold in our commitment and efforts to become an anti-racist, equitable organization and welcome candidates with a passion for this work.
About the Position
As a member of our five-person development team, Development Operations Manager will lead the efforts to expand individual giving through our annual fund while also designing and implementing a recurring gift program. As a Development Operations Manager, you will direct the execution of essential development operations including the gift acknowledgement process, data analysis and reporting, and donor communication and engagement acitivies. In your role, you will lead the design and implementation of our Annual Celebration - our single signature fundraising event.
Development Operations Manager will report to the Chief Development Officer and work closely with the Development Team and CEO, and will supervise the Development Assistant.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Key responsibilities include:
Development Operations Management:
Oversee the management of the fundraising database, ensuring that all information is entered according to protocol, updated, and accurate
- Supervise the Development Assistant to ensure execution of critical tasks including:
- Donation acknowledgement and processing
- Reconciliation of all contributions with the finance department
- In-person and virtual meeting planning and preparation including site visits, Board meetings, and other similar external visits
- Manage production process, budget, and schedule for both mail and digital annual appeal, including vendor management
- Manage production process, budget, and schedule for other marketing collateral (e-newsletters, annual reports, brochures, etc.)
Collaborate across the organization as event lead to ensure smooth delivery of all events, with a special attention to the Annual Celebration Event each Spring with 350+ guests
- Build authentic, trusting relationships with all program staff who serve an integral role in the production of the Annual Celebration event
- Create and manage timelines, deadlines, budgeting and event deliverables both internally and with external partners/vendors
- Manage production of event collateral, including invitations, signage, presentations, sponsorship packet, event website and donation form, etc.
- Works collaboratively with Development team to ensure appropriate leveraging of event volunteers, attendees and donor relationships
- Manages Event Committee and subcommittee roles and responsibilities, including development of agendas that foster significant committee participation and co-leading/facilitating meetings
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
There are a multitude of ways to learn, grow and excel professionally and we know that people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. With this in consideration, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Commitment to West End House’s mission and values and a passion for impacting the lives of others; a champion of an asset-based approach to working with young people and families
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in the following areas: event production, operations, nonprofit fundraising; or related field
- Solid understanding of nonprofit fundraising operations and previous CRM experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Strong writing and communication skills with high level of attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills and prior experience working with diverse people, organizations and communities
- Experience and comfort with technology including online platforms for project planning
- Relationship-driven, joyful and passionate about working with staff and young people
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of management, volunteers, and donors in a professional manner
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently and in a cross-departmental team environment
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary range for this role is $58,000 - $69,000. The position salary is commensurate with lived and professional experience. Our comprehensive benefits are designed to enhance all aspects of our employees’ lives: physical health, financial security, general well-being and professional development. Our package for full-time staff members includes paid vacation, holiday, and sick days; health and dental coverage; life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; and a defined contribution retirement program. To learn more about West End House benefits and time off, please click here.
West End House provides training and access to job related certifications for all employees and staff are encouraged to participate in their own professional development by identifying opportunities and sharing with their supervisor. West End House encourages and supports healthy lifestyles for all staff and provides access to our fitness center, gym, and pool as well as daily, homemade dinners (and lunch during the summer) for all interested staff.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT WEST END HOUSE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. West End House employees are fully onsite five days/week and are required to be fully vaccinated or can request an exemption. All West End House youth and staff will have weekly PCR tests onsite.
The Development Operations Manager is expected to work onsite 40 hours/week. Specific hours will shift based on our program hours and season. Some evening work is expected for this role on a semi-regular basis. West End House is easily accessible via the T (Green Line to Allston Street), MBTA bus (66) and has limited parking available.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their updated resume along with a thoughtfully written cover letter through the online portal operated by our recruitment partner, Positively Partners. All applicants will receive a response to their application. Our application process includes an initial phone screen with Positively Partners, a virtual interview with the Chief Development Officer, and for finalists, an onsite interview with West End House staff. Anticipated start date for this role is August 2022.
It is the policy of West End House to assure equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants by prohibiting discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (or a condition related to pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.