Senior Consultant, HR Outsourcing
Positively Partners delivers integrated, people-centered consulting services to social impact organizations.
We believe that organizations succeed when leaders invest in building pro-social, inclusive, and collaborative workspaces. Through genuine partnership, curiosity, and a commitment to shared learning, we help organizations adopt evidence-based approaches to recruitment, people management, and HR operations.
Social sector organizations achieve more for our communities when they adopt approaches to work that are human-centered, equitable, and enable employees to thrive as their authentic selves. We see the full benefits of these approaches each day within our own organization.
Positively Partners was founded by nonprofit leaders in 2016 to help social sector organizations access the high-quality and inclusion-focused HR services important to the achievement of their missions. We are learners, activists, HR professionals, trainers, recruiters, and consultants serving nearly 100 social impact organizations across the United States.
We seek an experienced human resources professional to work in partnership with our nonprofit and social impact clients. Qualified applicants will possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a genuine desire to grow, develop skills and proactively and consistently deliver results.
Your experience working in management, HR/Talent, Business or Operations, ideally inclusive of core functions like personnel management, benefits administration, payroll support, policies/compliance development or hiring will prepare you for this role as a hands-on executor, partner in learning and supporter to achieving high-quality client goals. It is your ability to build high-quality relationships, creativity, team-fit, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion that will differentiate you as a key asset to our organization and the clients we serve.
Consultants work directly with our clients in developing and executing customized HR services. You will also work closely with other practitioners on our HR Outsourcing team.
Positively Partners offers the right candidate the ability to practice HR and collaborative leadership in a flexible environment that values high-quality HR practices, independence, & professional growth and development. This role reports to the Vice President of Professional Services.
Work to deliver our outsourced HR model to a portfolio of clients (Note: the exact nature of the services for each client may differ based on their individual needs or scope of work). This includes:
- Serve as project manager, under the direction of our Vice President of Professional Services, to ensure that key milestones are achieved and that documentation of new workflows are complemented and shared with stakeholders
- Ensure work is consistently adding value and a fresh perspective while adhering to scope and to Positively Partners’ approach to HR
- Develop, revise, and implement HR policies and procedures to ensure that they best reflect the needs of the organization and are compliant with the law
- Build and manage client relationships including balancing client needs with scope of work and keeping ensuring understanding of the Positively Partners philosophy and service delivery method
- Offer counsel to clients on issues such as employee relations, performance management, equity and inclusion, and communication strategies
- Facilitate internal communications including announcements of new hires, updates on process change, support for open enrollment and other messaging key to the success of our service offerings
- Serve as a point of contact for the client with their HRIS vendor to support day-to-day system administration, help desk requests and the rollout of upgrades implemented by Positively Partners’ Chief Information Officer.
- Conduct audits of HR activities to ensure compliance, prepare and maintain documentation and reports for client education and compliance.
- Oversee and coordinate with onsite staff and partners to implement key HR offerings such as payroll, benefit administration, etc.
- Support the internal outsource HR team with process review, enhancements or efforts to standardize practice across key dimensions of practice
your qualifications and experiences
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We review each application to better know you and the unique strengths you will bring to work. We are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Meaningful experience managing a team or in the HR, Operations, Business or Talent fields
- Ability to negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders/partners
- A successful track record of complex project management
- Proven ability to build and manage relationships with diverse groups and in various hierarchical structures
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex situations and identify and implement effective solutions
- Proactive attitude and comfort forming and advocating for a clear position informed by Positively Partners’ research-driven approaches
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and commitment to thoroughness
- Impeccable ethics and judgment in maintaining highly sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering safe, inclusive work environments
- Proficiency using systems, tools, and processes including comfort with Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and HRIS systems and orientation towards using systems to work more efficiently
- Ability to work within the Eastern Standard Time zone
your strengths and interests
At Positively Partners, our training in Positive Psychology informs everything we do. We know that our team will do their best work when they love what they do. So, it’s important that you’re as excited about this role as we are. We believe to enjoy this role you’ll:
- Like to connect with people, advocate for your position, and adjust your approach as you learn more about your partners
- Effectively foster spaces that are inclusive of people’s identities and encourage participants to speak in full and authentic voice
- Believe that people do their best work when they feel safe and supported
- Enjoy working independently and with a team
- Show empathy and kindness while balancing the mission of client organizations with its obligations under law and the needs of employees
compensation and benefits
Positively Partners offers staff a robust compensation and benefits package including access to high-quality, inclusive health benefits that prioritize employee agency and an opportunity for an end of year discretionary bonus calculated in equal measure based on individual, team, and organizational performance.
The salary range for this role is $80,000 to $98,000. Positively Partners is committed to supporting employee growth in our field, including providing training and support on an ongoing basis.
This role is based in Boston, MA.